Why Study Hypnosis with Michael D. Yapko, Ph.D.?
Dr. Yapko has distinguished himself in the fields of psychotherapy and clinical hypnosis in a number of ways. A few of them are listed in this hypnosis training brochure:
- He is the only person in the field to have ever received each of these highest awards of recognition from within the profession: the American Psychological Association’s “Division 30 Award for Distinguished Contributions to Professional Hypnosis,” The International Society of Hypnosis Lifetime Achievement “Pierre Janet Award for Clinical Excellence,” and The Milton H. Erickson Foundation “Lifetime Achievement Award For Outstanding Contributions
to the Field of Psychotherapy.”
- He is the author of the leading text in the field, a comprehensive volume called Trancework:
An Introduction to the Practice of Clinical Hypnosis , now in its fourth edition.
- He has been teaching some of the most highly rated workshops at national and international professional conferences for more than 30 years. People appreciate his structured and clear style of teaching. He is knowledgeable, supportive, humorous, and makes learning fun
- He has conducted clinical trainings in more than 30 countries across six continents as well as all over the United States. His perspective is cross-national and multi-cultural.
- His depth and breadth of knowledge about hypnosis is evident in his writings and teachings; in fact, beyond the 15 books he authored, he was honored to be asked to write the authoritative sections on hypnosis, brief therapy, and treating depression for the Encyclopedia Britannica Medical and Health Annual
- His emphasis in this program is on a more naturalistic (rather than ritualistic) style of hypnosis, what many refer to as “Ericksonian hypnosis.” However, to be comprehensive, all major models of hypnosis will be considered so participants will have a broad base of understanding and experience.